The All American Sun Oven is the hottest sun oven on the market. I have owned and regularly used the Global Sun Oven (GSO) for 6 years. I loved it. It can be seen in most of my posts. It was great. But the GSO had some limitations. The new Sun Oven solved all of the problems of the GSO. And I have been wanting and waiting for a new oven ever since it came out. Finally the day arrived when my brand new All American Sun Oven arrived on my doorstep. The Sun Oven has all of the great features of the GSO. It can bake, cook, simmer, steam, or dehydrate. It can reach temperatures between 350° – 400° F. It has built in reflectors that fold up and collapse on top of the oven for storage, making it portable and convenient. It has a built in thermometer so I always know the oven temperature. It has a back leg that adjusts to tilt the oven to optimize the angle for different seasons. And inside there is a swinging tray that keeps the food level. This is a great solar oven design.
- It is 20% larger than the old oven so it can hold standard size baking ware and hold larger pots.
- The glass is 25% thicker for increased insulation and safety.
- It includes E-Z sun track indicators to help keep the oven aligned with the sun. No more guess work! Just line it up.
- The leveling rack, which hangs from the sides to keep the food level, now can also sit on the floor to increase the usable area inside of the oven.
- A stabilizer bar has been added to the adjustment leg on the back to increase the stability of the oven. Plus the bar can be staked to the ground to further increase the stability, especially in high wind.
- The Dehydrating and Preparedness accessory package includes a multi-level dehydrating/baking rack (3 racks) with a roll of parchment paper, 2 easy stacking pans w/ interchangeable enamel and glass lids, 2 loaf pans, and a multi-fuel WAPI (Water Pasteurizing Indicator). I really like the glass lid that fits on the pots because I like to see how the food is cooking without opening up the oven. And I especially wanted the dehydrating racks.
- It comes with a Cookbook & Emergency Preparedness CD with over 600 recipes, video clips, and pictures.
The Sun Oven uses the free energy of the sun to heat the interior and cook the food. While it is an excellent addition to conventional cooking methods for day to day meal preparation, the Sun Oven is also the perfect appliance to use for camping and for emergency situations.
Disclaimer: I purchased the All American Sun Oven and was not compensated for the review. I am not a Sun Oven affiliate.