My husband is on a gluten free diet so I have been looking for easy gluten free recipes. Cinnamon Raisin Muffins are gluten free and dairy free, and are not too sweet. So they make a perfect snack. I prefer to bake mini muffins so they will cook faster in the solar oven.
Cinnamon Raisin Muffins
- 2 cups gluten free flour (Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Baking Flour)
- 2 TBSP Cinnamon
- ½ tsp Baking Soda
- 5 eggs
- 3 TBSP honey or Organic Blue Agave Nectar
- 2 TBSP unsweetened applesauce
- ½ cup coconut oil, (in liquid form)
- ½ cup raisins
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Preheat the solar oven while preparing the recipe.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the eggs, honey, applesauce, melted coconut oil, and vanilla.
- In another large bowl, combine the flour, cinnamon, and baking soda and mix thoroughly to evenly distribute the ingredients.
- In a small bowl, place the raisins. Add about a TBSP of the flour mixture to coat the raisins.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients, except the raisins, to the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined. Slowly add the raisins and gently stir to mix.
- Spray a mini muffin pan with a gluten free cooking spray. Place about a tablespoon of batter into each cup. Bake uncovered in a hot solar oven about 20 - 30 minutes.
My solar oven was at 350 degrees and my muffins took 20 minutes to bake.
Bake in a regular kitchen oven at 350 degrees for 20 -22 minutes.