Gluten Free Double Glazed Cake, a solar cooking recipe, is perfect for a birthday party or any party. You would never know that it is gluten free.
I baked Double Glazed Cake in a Solarvore Sport Solar oven on a sunny day. The temperature of the oven was 300 degrees and my cakes baked for 1 hour 15 min. The time it takes to cook in a solar oven varies depending on the weather and the type of oven you are using.
Double Glazed Cake
- 1¾ cups Gluten Free Cake Mix (half of a bag)
- ⅓ cup Vanilla or regular Almond Breeze (or milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 TBSP butter, melted
- ¼ cup Almond Breeze (+ extra 2 TBSP if needed) (or milk)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Sprinkles if desired
- Pre-heat the solar oven while preparing the ingredients.
- Spray a mini bundt pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, beat all of the cake ingredients until well blended.
- Pour into the pan.
- Bake uncovered in the hot solar oven for approximately 1 hour until the cake is done and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cake cool 5 minutes and then remove the cakes from pan.
- GLAZE - While the cake is cooling:
- In a pot, add the powdered sugar, Almond Breeze, and vanilla.
- Stir until the glaze is smooth.
- Place in the hot solar oven and let cook for 15 or 20 minutes.
- While the glaze is hot and smooth and thin, spoon the glaze over the top of the cooled cakes. Or gently place the cakes into the glaze pan, and spoon over the entire cake.
- Place the cakes on a cooling rack.
- Keep the glaze warm or reheat. When the glaze on the cake has cooled, dip the cake a second time.
- Place the cake back on the cooling rack. Sprinkle with sprinkles.
The glaze can also be made on the stovetop. Turn the burner to low and stir until the glaze is hot and thin.
Thanks for solar cooking with Sunshine On My Shoulder.