I borrowed a GoSun Sport from a friend just to check it out see how well it cooks. I made an Easy Apple Dessert.
My mother used to make this dessert many many years ago when we were camping. It was one of my favorite things to eat after a fun day of boating and swimming at the lake. Only she made it in a Dutch Oven over coals.
It was simple to make out of ingredients that were easy to carry – canned fruit pie filling such as apple or cherry or blueberry; and canned biscuits. I used the same recipe, only I cooked mine in a GoSun Sport solar cooker.
Easy Apple Dessert baked about 45 minutes in full sunshine.
Doesn’t that look delicious?
For another great recipe, see Cheese Ham Breadsticks
Easy Apple Dessert
- 2 cans pie filling, apple, cherry, or other fruit of your preference
- 1 can small sized refrigerator biscuits
- 1 stick of butter, melted
- 4 TBSP sugar
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- **These instructions are for a GoSun Sport Solar Cooker**
- *** DO NOT PRE-HEAT THE GOSUN*** Refer to manufactures instructions.
- For easy cleanup, line the GoSun metal tray with parchment paper.
- Combine the cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Spread one can of pie filling evenly along the tray.
- Cut 5 small biscuits into quarters or even sixths.
- Dip the biscuit pieces into the melted butter.
- Roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place the biscuit pieces on top of the pie filling. Do not overcrowd the biscuits or overfill the tray. Remember that the biscuits will rise.
- Place the metal tray into the GoSun Sport and focus towards the sun.
- Bake until the biscuits are firm and golden brown.
This is enough ingredients to fill 2 metal trays. For 1 granite ware pan, use one can of pie filling and the entire can of biscuits.
This can also be made in a solar oven. Prepare the biscuits the same way. Place the pie filling and biscuits into a dark solar safe pan,and cover. Put into a preheated solar oven. It will take about 1 - 1.5 hours to bake, depending on how hot the oven gets, which is of course dependent on the sky conditions.