With everyone coming over to my house to watch Super Bowl, I want to have a mix of easy party food on the table. We certainly love the flavors of the southwest including nachos, tacos, and enchiladas, so I have combined those flavors to make a hearty dip that goes beyond the traditional cheese dip. Enchilada Dip can be made with ground beef or ground turkey. It could even be made with leftover beef or chicken.
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ onion, chopped
- 1 8oz can of enchilada sauce
- 2 cups grated Mexi-blend cheese, (or a combination of cheddar and Monterrey Jack cheese)
- sour cream
- tortilla chips
- Pre-heat the solar oven while you prepare the ingredients.
- Brown the ground beef on the stove top or in the solar oven and drain off the grease. Add the onion and cook until the onion is tender.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked beef and the enchilada sauce. Stir to mix well. Pour the mixture into a solar safe cookware dish or pot. Cover with the cheese.
- Place into the hot solar oven. Let bake until the meat is hot and the cheese is melted.
- Top with sour cream if desired and serve hot with tortilla chips.
Click here to learn how to brown ground beef in a solar oven.