Here is a delicious Grilled Pineapple Ham Sandwich on a Solar Grill. It such an easy sandwich to make that you won’t mind making your guests a second one.
Grilled Pineapple Ham Sandwich has that sweet pineapple taste that reminds you of Hawaii and sitting on a tropical beach, under a warm sun with a cool drink in your hand. Feel free to substitute Canadian Bacon or Spam as your taste desires. Add a slice of Monterey Jack cheese to make a complete sandwich, grill it quickly on a parabolic grill, then enjoy the remainder of the day playing in the surf or sand – or maybe just napping on the patio and dreaming of the surf and sand. Either way you will love this sandwich for its ease and simplicity.
How to Make a Grilled Pineapple Ham Sandwich on a Solar Grill
Grilling a sandwich is very easy on a parabolic solar grill. I used a SolSource Solar Grill. Once the grill is focused to the sun, the grill pan will heat very quickly. I used a Char-Broil cast iron griddle. The pan has a smooth side and a griddle side. Use which ever side you like.
Butter the bread and place it buttered side down on the hot grill. I used a Char-Broil cast iron griddle. Add the ingredients to the sandwich, and top with another slice of buttered bread. When the bread is golden brown, flip the sandwich over and grill the other side.
- 2 slices of firm bread
- 2 slices of sliced canned pineapple, drained
- 3 slices of shaved ham
- 1 slice of Monterey Jack or Pepper Jack cheese (opt)
- 2 TBLS butter or margarin
- Prepare the solar parabolic grill and place a pan on the heat ring to begin heating.
- Add 1 TBLS of butter or margarine on the pan. Use a brush to evenly distribute the melted butter in the pan to grease.
- Butter on side of one of the pieces of bread. Place onto the hot pan.
- Add the sliced ham, the pineapple, and the cheese.
- Butter one side of the other slice of bread. Place the bread, butter side out, on top of the sandwich.
- When the bread is lightly golden brown, flip the sandwich over so that the second time.
Substitute Canadian bacon or Spam if desired.
Love Grilled Pineapple Ham Sandwich on a Solar Grill? For more great sandwich recipes, click on the photos below. And be sure to sign up for my newsletter. Have a tasty grilled sandwich recipe? Tell me about it in the comments below.