Do you wonder how to grill a steak? How to cook it to perfection like a fine restaurant? Steak is one of the easiest things to grill. Learn how to grill a steak at home on your gas grill.
I grew up in Texas eating grass fed beef from independent cattlemen. We purchased beef on the hoof, and it was cut to our order. Grilling a great steak starts by selecting the best cut of beef. By the time I was ten, I could pick out a well marbled steak, and by the time I was fifteen, I could cook it to perfection. Learn to how to grill a steak at home and treat yourself to a prime cut of beef more often.
How To Grill A Steak
- Boneless Ribeye or New York strip steaks (1¼ to 1½ inches thick) about 8 to 12 oz each
- salt and pepper
- About 20 minutes prior to cooking, remove the steaks from the refrigerator and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat the grill to high. Then place the steaks on the hot grill.
- Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes until browned, then turn them over.
- Continue to grill until cooked to taste.
- Transfer the steaks to a cutting board and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
For medium rare, 3 to 5 minutes (internal temperature of 135°)
For medium, 5 to 7 minutes (internal temperature of 140°)
For medium well, 8 to 10 minutes (internal temperature of 150°)
For more grilling recipes, click Outdoor cooking.