Peach Muffin Recipe for Solar Ovens has been adapted for solar cooking, but can be made in a regular kitchen oven as well.
This Peach Muffin recipe is a great way to treat yourself to something delicious and healthy any time you have a few fresh peaches available. These muffins were baked in a Sport Solar Oven. To learn more about the Sport, go HERE.
Peach Muffin Recipe for Solar Ovens
Want another really great recipe to serve with your morning brunch, click here for Homemade Cinnamon Swirl Rolls.
- 1½ cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 7 TBSP butter or margarine
- ⅓ cup Almond milk (or skim milk)
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1½ cups fresh peaches, diced small
- 2 TBSP butter or margarine
- ¼ cup flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- pinch of salt
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice
- Set solar oven out to preheat while preparing the ingredients.
- Line a muffin pan with liners or spray with a non-stick cooking spray.
- Melt the in a solar safe bowl in the heated solar oven. It will not take long.
- While the butter is melting, in a medium mixing bowl, add the flour, sugars, baking powder, salt, and pumpkin pie spice. Set aside for a moment.
- When the butter is melted, add in the milk. Mix and then let it cool down a bit.
- To the milk/butter mixture, whisk in the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently stir to mix together.
- Gently fold in the diced peaches until evenly distributed through the batter. Do not overblend.
- Evenly divide the batter into the muffin liners.
- FOR TOPPING:
- Combine the topping ingredients together in a small bowl, until the mixture is crumbly.
- Evenly sprinkle over the top of the muffins.
- Bake in a hot solar oven about 2 - 2.5 hours until brown and the top is springy to the touch.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes. Remove from pan and enjoy!
- My muffins baked for 2.5 hours at an oven temperature of 280 degrees
FOR INSIDE COOKING:
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.