When my grandchildren returned from a trip to Walt Disney World in Florida last spring, they were raving about one particular dessert they had enjoyed. My grandson said “It is the best thing I have ever eaten”. Intrigued, I pressed them for details about the “greatest dessert in the whole world”. In great detail, they described this marvel of a dessert called Smores Brownie – brownie on the bottom, melted gooey marshmallows on top, with chocolate and graham crackers on top. I agree that Smores Brownie is an awesome creation and here is my version, adapted as a solar cooking recipe. It was baked in a Solavore Sport Solar Oven . And YES!! my grandkids were delighted with my version.
- Brownie mix (plus ingredients as listed on the box to make them)
- mini marshmallows
- graham crackers
- chocolate syrup or hot fudge
- Put the solar oven out to pre-heat while you mix up the ingredients.
- Mix the brownie mix according to directions.
- Spray an individual size cookie skillet ( or larger pan if desired) with PAM. For the cookie skillet, add one large Tablespoon of batter and spread it in the pan.
- Place in the hot solar oven uncovered to bake. Time to cook will be about ¾ - 1 hour.
- When the cookie is done, top with about ½ cup of mini marshmallows.( Place the bottle of chocolate syrup in the oven to heat at this time.)
- Melt the marshmallows for 10 -15 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Top with chocolate syrup.
- Top with broken graham crackers. Reserve a few graham crackers and crush fine to add to the top with the broken crackers.
- Add additional chocolate on the top if desired.
The actual time needed to bake depends on the weather, the type of oven, and how hot the oven temperature gets.
Have a lot of people to feed, make a giant Smores Brownie. One brownie mix will make several pans. This family size cookie is baking in the All American Sun Oven.
To learn more about solar cooking, click here.