Southwestern Beef and Cheese Dip is a hearty, taco flavored dip that is also good as a burrito filling.
I think that I am not alone when I say that I love a great chip dip. Whether it is bean dip, cheese dip, a salsa, or a combination, we all love those salty chips dipped in something. The star of the party is usually the chips and dips. So try this one the next time you want a good dip.
Southwestern Beef and Cheese Dip would be perfect for tailgating at the local football game, or quarterbacking during Super Bowl.
Southwestern Beef and Cheese Dip is such a simple recipe that it will do well in any type of solar box oven. I heated my dip in a Solavore Sport oven. The time it takes to cook in a solar oven depends on many factors including the type of food and the type of oven. For Southwestern Beef and Cheese Dip, it only needs to heat up enough to melt the cheese. However, leaving it a bit longer will blend the flavors. So be sure to leave it heating until you are ready to enjoy.
Southwestern Beef and Cheese Dip
- 1 lb ground beef, browned, drained, and crumbled
- 2 15 oz cans refried beans
- 1 16 oz jar salsa (mild, medium, or hot)
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 1 lb Velveeta Cheese, cubed
- tortilla chips
- Pre-heat solar oven while preparing the recipe.
- Combine all ingredients, except tortilla chips, in a solar safe pot.
- Cover and place into hot solar oven.
- Heat until cheese is melted.
- Stir really well. Replace cover and continue to heat until everything is really hot.
- Serve hot with the tortilla chips
I hope you enjoy this recipe. I would love to hear from you so leave a comment, please.