Zucchini-Cheese Appetizer is an easy and fast recipe to fix for your family and friends.
We live in a fast paced world. We’re busy. We drive fast cars. We eat fast food. We cook fast in the microwave. We expect waiters to bring our orders fast. Whatever it is, we want it fast. But, when solar cooking, we must temper that urge for “fast” and learn to slow down, take it easy, and judge the food by the taste and not by how fast we got it. Until now!
Zucchini-Cheese Appetizer cooks fast even in a solar oven – and especially in a tube cooker. Just chop up the zucchini, toss it into the tray, top with cheese, and slide it in. And to make it even better, chop up an onion too. Then sit back and relax with your guests for half an hour.
The time it takes to cook in a solar cooker depends on the type of cooker, the food being cooked, the weather, and how focused the cooker is to the sun. In other words, the more focused the cooker is, the hotter it gets, and the faster the food will cook.
I added onions to my appetizer tray because I love grilled onions. I used a GoSun Sport and cooked the vegetables for only 35 minutes. Just long enough to melt the cheese. So the vegetables were soft but still crisp and not mushy.
- 1 med zucchini, washed, and chopped into pieces
- ½ med onion, chopped into pieces
- 1 TBSP olive oil
- salt & pepper to taste
- ½ cup cheese, any flavor, shredded
- Wash and chop the zucchini.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Place the zucchini and onion in a bowl,
- Add salt and pepper to taste,
- Drizzle with olive oil. Stir to coat all of the pieces with the oil.
- Line the tray with parchment paper if desired. Place the vegetable pieces into the tray.
- Sprinkle with the shredded cheese.
- Slide the tray into the GoSun.
- Cook in the GoSun for half and hour until the vegetables are soft, but still crisp and the cheese is melted.